Dim Lule
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dobrodošli na prvi i najveći forum ljubitelja lula i duhana za lule u regiji

Početna stranicaLatest imagesRegistracijaLoginRegistracija

Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša

Go down 
3 posters
Autor/icaPoruka
Capt. Horatio MacAllister
Peče me jezik
Peče me jezik
Capt. Horatio MacAllister

Broj postova : 401

Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša Empty
PostajNaslov: Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša   Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša Empty21.05.13 11:08

Since the first briar pipe was developed, smokers have struggled with the moisture problem.

**Moisture condensing in the bowl of the pipe - leading to a soggy "dottle" of tobacco in the base of the bowl. The dottle won't burn and the tobacco is wasted - a problem where the price is high.
**Moisture condensing in the stem of the pipe or originating from the mouth - bitter tasting moisture which runs back to the lip, especially in straight pipes.
This moisture problem is aptly named "Wet Smoking".

Manufacturers were continually looking for a solution to this problem - how to trap the moisture while retaining the aesthetics of the classic pipe shapes.

By 1898 Kapp & Peterson, pipe makers in Dublin, succeeded in producing what was then considered to be the perfect system in pipe construction.
A built-in trap on the outside of the bowl, and the smoke hole on the top of the mouthpiece.

And they have been producing it successfully ever since, but not without competition.

Although the Peterson lip was available on straight and half bent pipes, the full system was really only effective for full bent pipes.

So the engineering boys came along and studied the problem of trapping the moisture. If this could be done in the stem of the pipe the trap would be suitable for all shapes.
The two best known results of this line of thinking are Keyser and Byford pipes with metal traps. Both a little messy, but effective.

Falcon came up with a more revolutionary concept - dividing the pipe into 2 interchangeable parts, bowl and stem, and building the moisture collection point right under the base of the bowl.

The system works very well, but to many purists the pipe became a smoking machine and lost its appeal.

Falcon was followed by the Ronson and Colibri pipes and others, but these imitators were short lived.

With the advent of disposable cartridge type filters, traps in straight pipes were no longer as important - the condensation in the stem, and moisture from the mouth, were fairly efficiently absorbed, but the filters were not as effective against moisture held by gravity in the bowl of a full bent pipe ( except for bowl filters).

By 1981 Savinelli had launched the "Dry System". It had taken several years of research into the negative points of existing system pipes, in order to improve on them. Perseverance paid off - by combining trap and filter, and enlarging the smoke hole, they achieved the "Dry System", which in our opinion is the best answer to "Wet Smoking" so far developed.

The benefits:
1. The large smokehole on the top of the mouthpiece allows
. . the smoke to leave in an even spread, and not directly onto
. . the tongue; its size makes it easy to clean and spreads the
. . flavour in the mouth. Its position makes it difficult for juices
. . to enter the stem from the mouth.
2. The Bent stem ensures that the pipe is very light on the teeth;
3. The use of the optional balsa insert mops up any excess
. . moisture without changing the taste;
4. The firm-fitting peg mouthpiece won't twist off in the pocket;
5. The metal band prevents the shank from swelling and cracking
. . if there is too much moisture in the trap, (for example, if.the
. . balsa is not used);
6. It has a built-in moisture trap.
. . . . The result: A cool, dry smoke, enhancing the
. . flavour of the tobacco - the "dry system" eliminates
. . . . . . . . . . . the problem of "wet smoking".
[Vrh] Go down
Antiša
Oblak dima
Oblak dima
Antiša

Broj postova : 1760
Omiljeni duhani : ST Balkan Latakia, Billy Budd

PostajNaslov: Re: Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša   Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša Empty21.05.13 13:25

Razvilo se kroz povijest mnogo sistema, ali najbolji je sistem dobra tehnika pušenja. lula
[Vrh] Go down
https://antebudimir.com
foksieloy
Oblak dima
Oblak dima
foksieloy

Broj postova : 3252
Omiljeni duhani : Balkan Sasieni, Drama Reserve, Christmass Cheer, HH Vintage Syrian, Symphony, Plumcake

PostajNaslov: Re: Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša   Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša Empty21.05.13 13:35

I ne prevlažan duhan. Po mojem navođenju većina duhana dođe prevlažna u limenci, valjda da ušparaju malo na dodatnoj težini.

Puno ljudi napada MacBaren da su im duhani presuhi, ali meni njihovi duhani dođu idealni.
[Vrh] Go down
http://foksieloy.name/
Antiša
Oblak dima
Oblak dima
Antiša

Broj postova : 1760
Omiljeni duhani : ST Balkan Latakia, Billy Budd

PostajNaslov: Re: Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša   Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša Empty21.05.13 13:53

foksieloy je napisao/la:
Puno ljudi napada MacBaren da su im duhani presuhi, ali meni njihovi duhani dođu idealni.

Nikada nisam čuo za presuhi Mac Barenov duhan niti od jednog lulaša. Suspect
Uvijek dođu prevlažni, i to poprilično.
[Vrh] Go down
https://antebudimir.com
foksieloy
Oblak dima
Oblak dima
foksieloy

Broj postova : 3252
Omiljeni duhani : Balkan Sasieni, Drama Reserve, Christmass Cheer, HH Vintage Syrian, Symphony, Plumcake

PostajNaslov: Re: Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša   Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša Empty21.05.13 14:35

Pogledaj po tobaccoreviews i po youtubeu. Istina večinom Ameri, možda njima fakat dojde jako suh.

Uglavnom ljudi najviše napadaju MacBaren u smislu da je presuh, prebrzo gori, i grize. Mi naravno znamo da je uzrok tome što ne znaju pušiti kak se spada. :>
[Vrh] Go down
http://foksieloy.name/
Sponsored content

PostajNaslov: Re: Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša   Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša Empty

[Vrh] Go down

Wet smoking, prije vrijesuša
[Vrh] 
Stranica 1 / 1.